Colorado Springs Red Tent Past Events
- February 9th Projection and Compassionate Self-Forgiveness Priestessed by Rita: Rita will guide us through the skills she has honed to help us awaken to greater levels of awareness of our divinity, strive for greater clarity in our energy field and in how we relate to ourselves, those around us and outer circumstances. Two skills/tools that she has found to be instrumental in her own process have been Identifying, Owning and Accepting Projections and Facilitating Compassionate Self-Forgiveness. During our February Red Tent, we will explore these skills in service to healing and integrating disowned parts of ourselves and expressing our essential nature of Loving and Light.
- January: Moon Magic, Priestessed by Jessica - Let’s continue lighting our inner flame in the coming year moving forward with courage and tender hearts made stronger by the web woven in deep and sacred trust between Sisters. Aa practice with a gestation of 6 months, journeying from the New Moon energies to the fullness of her pregnancy in the Full Moon's energy. In that vein, it is Jessica's desire to continue welcoming the Goddess within her by wearing her finest gown. As she desires to deeply honor the sacredness of entering our Red Tent Temple in humble service to the Goddess and nurturing the womb of our Sisterhood. Maybe you will wear something that shimmies and shakes the Goddess, your magic and inner Creatirix!
- January: Sacred Sexuality, Priestessed by Alyce - Our sexual energy is the most fundamental creative force in the Universe. Sacred Sexuality has the powerful potential for emotional release, improving our health and relationships, manifesting our hearts desires, and for illuminating a path of connection with Ultimate Ecstasy, enlightenment with the Divine. Please join us in an evening of exploration through our divine sacred sexual selves
- February: Cancelled Due to Weather
- March: Flame of the Yoni Journey, Priestessed by Jessica - We'll begin a meditative journey to assist in clearing the energetic channel from the throat to the womb ending by connecting roots deep into the Earth. Followed by an exercise for each woman to create a Flame of the Yoni painting to celebrate the renewed connection to the Mother for Spring.
- April: Beltane Festival Priestessed, by Sarah - I am excited to facilitate our dedication to the rites of Spring. We will be honoring the Goddess Inanna. For our meditation we will be doing the practice of Emotional Composting: Allowing our negative or difficult feelings to surface in a sacred and supported space so that they may be offered to the Great Mother as nourishment for our new season of growth. I invite you to contemplate the emotions that have built up over the winter season and ask: "What is no longer in service of my highest good?" We will be making " sacred seed bombs" with native wildflowers that you can take with you and deposit in the earth. Some traditional foods for Beltane are: asparagus, figs, pears, strawberries, goat cheese and honey cakes if you wish to bring treats.
- May: Dream Workshop Priestessed, by Alayna - A journey through the mysterious world of dreams.
- June: Soul Fire Trance Dance, Priestessed by Jessica - Ecstatic or trance dancing ignites the connection to one's body, creativity and community allowing Self-expression to awaken through the rhythm of song. Your dance is a beautiful expression of your own Divine essence as a woman. Whether basking in the gentle sweet surrender of tenderness, undulating in sensual freedom, or a raging inferno of desire - your dance is your own! If you've ever wanted to play with fire while you dance, we will be passing orbs of fire as we dance in celebration of Soulfire - the One Fire - that unites us all! Absolutely no experience or rhythm required, as we OWN our Self-expression in celebration of what it is to live and Be the embodiment of a Goddess!
- July: Seven Chakra Singing Bowl Healing, Priestessed by Grandmother Stone - Grandmother Stone will play 7 different Crystal bowls in a guided meditation.
- August: Little Sisters Fairy Garden, Priestessed by Grandmother Stone and Julia
- September: Yoni Sculpture, Priestessed by Jessica - To experience this daring journey we will begin with experiential activities two weeks prior to the event. The night of, we will begin with a luscious meditation inviting intention setting to deepen our awareness and open our hearts to this new layer of erotic experience. We will intuitively sculpt however we wish to design our sacred Yoni creation. Clay provided is enough for a Yoni approximately 3" in length. As we enjoy our traditional potluck to close circle our clay Yonis will bake. I invite you to bring whatever items you may like to place in your Yoni sculpture -- use your IMAGINATION (i.e. gemstones, feathers, pubic hair, etc.). Please check to ensure the item is safe up to 270 degrees (gemstones and feathers have been ok for me but best to test them on your own to be sure). Intuitively Guided Yoni sculpting offers a tactile and visceral experience working with clay as if it were our own flesh -- shaping and molding our beautiful Yoni's from this world and beyond. It takes both imagination, Self-exploration and a desire for expansion to journey into this layer of a Woman's inner knowing.
- October: Cancelled Due to Weather
- November: Jin Shin Jyutsu, Priestessed by Alayna - The Art of Jin Shin Jyutsu has its origins in Japan. Jiro Murai was acknowledged as the person who rediscovered and reintroduced Jin Shin at the start of the twentieth century. His student, Mary Burmeister brought the practice to the United States and it has spread worldwide. I had the pleasure of studying with her in the 1980’s in Boulder and with several of her advanced students. Jin Shin Jyutsu is energy work that harmonizes body, mind, and spirit. We will cover the 26 energy points and the 3 simple maintenance flows or patterns that can be used by anyone. These flows are part of my life and can help us all. Through touching and holding them we can bring ourselves back into balance.
- December: Winter Solstice/Yule Gathering, Priestessed by Singing Otter, Grandmother Stone and Mountain Woman - Join us as we co-create a beautiful ceremony to honor the completion of the year. We will call back the "return of the light", Grandmother Stone will share a beautiful story of the Winter solstice. Then Singing Otter will guide us through the corn pouches and planting our intentions for the next year. Tascha will guide us through releasing and bringing in blessings for the next year. Along with a beautiful candle lighting "calling back the light".
- January: Lilith Speaks, Priestessed by Julia - A journey of exploration in the world of the Goddess Lilith.
- February: Goddess Diana, Priestessed by Julie - A journey of exploration in the world of the Goddess Diana.
- March: Journey of Self Exploration, Priestessed by Tascha - A journey of self-exploration. We'll step into a simple tool that you can use for balance in relationship to yourself. Tascha has studied for almost 10 years in the Teachings of the Delicate Lodge, a beautiful bundle of wisdom passed down through native people for over 100's of years.
- April: Nibi Wabu Water Blessing, Priestessed by Grandmother Stone - Water Healing and Blessing Ceremony with Grandmother Stone. We are living in the days of the great purification of the earth. We have the choice to sit by helplessly watching event take place, or to be active participants in the easing their passage. It is time for the women to assume their responsibilities. We are the keepers of the water, because we are more in tune with the natural cycles of the moon through out menstrual and birthing cycles.
- May: Rose Blessing, Priestessed by Singing Otter - Let us gather to evoke the Divine Feminine within. Feel the blessings of love and compassion as the Goddess emerges to hold you in beauty and remind you of who you are.
- June: Virgin of Guadalupe and the Legacy of the Earth Goddess Tonantzin, Priestessed by Melanie - we will dialogue about the feminine imagery in ancient and modern Mexico and Central America, also known as Mesoamerica. We will hear the story of the Virgin of Guadalupe and consider how the legacy of the Earth Goddess Tonantzin, lives on in some of the contemporary adoration of the Virgin. We will also learn the important meaning of corn to the indigenous cultures of the Americas and take time to dream about our own seed corn. Please bring a flower from your garden (or a neighbors, if you are friendly with them) to grace the altar.
- July: Tarot, Priestessed by Amanda - Journey through the magical experience of tarot.
- August: I Am, Priestessed by Tascha - You’re invited to an evening of exploring one of the most powerful statements that we make. During July’s Red Tent, Tascha we will be leading us on an exploration of “I AM…” I AM as it relates to our higher self. I AM as it relates to self love. I AM as it relates to judgment. I AM as it relates to identity.
- September: Goddess Night Out, Priestessed by Singing Otter - All women are welcome and this gathering is by invitation only so please let me know if you invite other women so I can add them to the RSVP list. Desert Reef is a clothing optional hot springs so feel free to come in your birthday suit if you like, although mine is a little stretched out ;). We will greet each other with sweet ceremony while soaking and dining to our hearts content. As we honor the Goddess within let us remember how to play, laugh, sing and be in community with our sisters. We give ourselves permission to be our true authentic selves.
- October: Crystal Bowl Meditation, Priestessed by Grandmother Stone - Monthly Full Moon Crystal Bowl Meditation.Come spend some time relaxing and meditating to the beautiful sounds of Singing Crystal Bowls. Grandmother Stone will play 7 different crystal bowls, each one made to resound with different Chakra centers of your body. The vibrational rate, of each bowl, will attune and balance the Chakras as you meditate.While each bowl's effect is its corresponding Chakra, due to the bowls' composition of pure quartz crystal (99.992%) the entire body benefits. The Singing Crystal bowl can place the listener/receiver into an Alpha brain wave pattern easily and quickly for a deep meditation.Quartz crystal music holds the vibration of white light, which ultimately refracts into the rainbow and acts directly on our chakras when played. It has the power to bring about a positive shift in our consciousness, and as our awareness expands, we grow in our physical form. Crystal is able to maintain the balance of electromagnetic energies between the north and south poles. Clear quartz integrates the balance in our own electromagnetic energies.
- November: The Goddess of the Harvest Corn Mother, Priestessed by Grandmother Stone - Grandmother Stone will teach us about the goddess of the harvest - Corn Mother. She will lead us on a meditation into our sacred womb to retrieve ancient wisdom. Then we will make corn husk goddess as the pueblo people do to represent Corn Mother.
- December: Winter Solstice/Yule Gathering, Priestessed by Singing Otter, Grandmother Stone and Mountain Woman - Lets co-create a beautiful ceremony to honor the completion of the year. We will call back the "return of the light" we will have a beautiful story of the Winter solstice. Then Singing Otter will guide us through the corn pouches and planting our intentions for the next year. Tascha will guide us through releasing and bringing in blessings for the next year. Along with a beautiful candle lighting "calling back the light". We will have a give away blanket. We ask that you don't purchase anything but bring something you have made or something from your home that needs to move on. Please have a WRAPPED gift for the give away Blanket.
- January: Corn Seed Ceremony, Priestessed by Grandmother Stone - The Corn Seed Ceremony is an opportunity to dream into manifestation all the wishes you hold in your heart. In this ritual you will be gifted with 22 corn seeds. Each seed will represent a dream or a wish you would like to nurture in this next Turn of the Wheel (calendar year). 7 seeds will be gifted for the body. This could mean healing in certain areas of the body, strengthening, healthy nurturance, strong mental abilities, lots of options. 7 seeds for the heart, these seeds will be offered to serve the love we seek to give and receive. Relationship with others, ourselves, and all of nature. 7 seeds are gifted for the Spirit. You may want to support your chakras, strengthen your spiritual practice, open the third eye, learn to meditate, and so on. The last seed represents the Great Mystery. I will offer a gentle journey to seek out your hearts desire. Then we will energetically place our wishes and dreams into the bundle of corn seeds. As you hold these seeds during this time of conception (Winter) they will continually be infused with your essence. Untill the time comes to plant them in the earth
- February: Lightning Dream Work, Priestessed by Alayna McKee - From the ancient teachings of dream work in the Egyptian tradition to the Greek temples of healing dedicated to Asklepios; from the dreams of Joseph to the prophetic dream interpretations of Daniel; from Freud to Jung and beyond; dreams have guided us, brought knowledge, and hope to ordinary reality. Alayna McKee has been a conscious dreamer since childhood and has studied extensively with Robert Moss. She is one of his acknowledged Dream Teachers, trained in Active Dreaming. We will discuss Lightning Dreamwork and expanded lucid dreaming.
- March: Nibi Wabu Water Blessing, Priestessed by Grandmother Stone - “ We are living in the days of the great purification of the Earth. We have the choice to sit by, helplessly watching the event take place, or to be active participants in easing the passage.” We will be doing the Nibi Wabo (water healing/blessing ceremony). We join in with over 10,000 people around the world on the New Moon to heal the Spirit of the Water and our Mother Earth. Come join us, learn the song, and partake in the sacred ceremony. The Elders tell us that if we don't act now, we may not have any clean water left within ten years.
- April: Rise Up and Call Her Name, co-Priestessed by Tascha and Kathy - We will learn about a Goddess of ancient times.
- May: Rose Blessing, Priestessed by Singing Otter - Rose Blessing ceremony to honor the presence of the Divine Feminine within.
- June: Exploration of Masculine/Feminine Energies, Priestessed by Tascha - In what ways do they show up? How do they compliment each other? As women, how do we use our masculine side? Do you know which role you are playing in your relationships? At work? There will be story telling, music, and deep discussion.
- July: Reconnect with All Things Using Crystals, Priestessed by Grandmother Stone - One of the things that is impressed on me right now is that we have to re-connect our body, mind, and spirit. We have, for too long, lived with these separated and separated from all things. "We are all a part of the web of life. What we do to the web we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connected." I will teach you how to reconnect to the Mother Earth using crystals. I will have a journey to the center of Mother Earth to anchor ourselves deep with our Mother and start the healing process of reconnection.
- August: Becoming Bear, Priestessed by Lori - A special teachings on Bear Medicine. We will be travelling with Bear to discover our Instinctual Self. We will learn the Bear Dance and Cherokee Bear Song. I welcome women to bring their drums to learn this song. We will move like bears, think like bears, and follow our innate wisdom like bears.
- September: Goddess Night Out, Priestessed by Singing Otter - The sacred waters of the Mother are calling. Come join us as we bask in the warm water, lounge and relax in wonderful conversation. Nibble delicacies and share sweet ceremony and song. We will have the place all to ourselves.
- October: Resting Tent, Priestessed by Singing Otter, Grandmother Stone and Mountain Woman - We will use this time to connect and nurture. There will be hot wax dipping for your hands. We'll be working on adorning our new talking stick (beads, ribbon, shells, etc). We'll have open discussion - which always has us digging deep in a beautiful way.
- November: Sacred Sexuality, Priestessed by Alys - Our sexual energy is the most fundamental creative force in the Universe. It's what created each and every one of us! Sacred Sexuality has the powerful potential for emotional release, improving our health and relationships with others, manifesting our heart's desires, and for illuminating a path of connection with Ultimate Ecstasy, Enlightenment and the Divine. As the goddess once again awakens in a western consciousness, the shame and guilt traditionally attached to our bodies and sexual experiences is being replaced with a remembering of lifetimes past when deity was female and sex was for worship. Please join us in an evening of conversation, meditation and ritual around our Divine Sacred Sexual Selves!
- December: Winter Solstice/Yule Gathering Priestessed, by Singing Otter, Grandmother Stone and Mountain Woman - Lets co-create a beautiful ceremony to honor the completion of the year. We will call back the "return of the light" we will have a beautiful story of the Winter solstice and candle lighting. Then Singing Otter will guide us through the corn pouches and planting our intentions for the next year. . We will have a give away blanket. We ask that you don't purchase anything but bring something you have made or something from your home that needs to move on.